The Boy Cut

Ladies!

You must get a boy cut once in a while. Or at least once.

It can be an experiment. It can be a rebellion. But it boosts your confidence like not much else can. Plus, I suddenly became my mother's very first son, my sister's brother and my best friend's boyfriend.

Yes, besides the perks of not having to comb and detangle, and getting perfectly dry hair in 5 seconds post shower, I feel free. Literally. A weight off my shoulders. No locks veiling my face. No bangs blinding my eyes.

It's a whole new look. Refreshing. I love it. I wouldn't mind keeping it cropped forever.

And then, in church today, on the pew two rows ahead of ours, I watched a girl redo her ponytail. She held the band with one hand, and pulled and pulled her locks out of it. The hair never seemed to end. It kept emerging out from underneath her jacket. When the band finally came loose, she tossed her long straight hair open. I felt the breeze, unsettle my hair.

Yeah. I'm fine.

Cropped hair is fine.

Hip hop looks better with a boycut anyway.




Comments

Popular Posts